28 January 2010

My 5 things

So the task of the day is to list the 5 things that you are thankful for. Mine are:

  1. My lovely OH who just cooked me Chicken Parmigiana salad for tea, all on his own (he has no confidence in the kitchen, and up until he met me never ever even cooked pasta) while I had a bath and a glass of wine. For loving me through thick and thin and across oceans for the last 5 years.

  2. That Australia let me in, and hopefully will do on a more permanant basis. After spending 3 months here in 2006 I knew it was where I wanted to live, and here I am. Best decision I ever made, and even better that I convinced the boy over too :)

  3. My education- I was at university before I realised how lucky I was to be there. Decent primary, great Grammar School and straight into Uni without really thinking how much other people struggle to get there. Don't get me wrong, I worked hard and got good grades, but I had support from all sides all the way through and never had to fight against the system. And it opened so many doors (see 2 and 5 and 1 I guess, since thats where we met).

  4. My friends those here and afar. Despite hardly ever being around (due to emigration or work rosters) theyre always there when needed, and I hope I am too, where possible.
  5. My job. I hate it at times, but how many other people get paid to spend half the year camping out bush and having crazy adventures?! In this case getting bogged on top of a camel due to the distraction factor, and flooded creek crossings. Love it!


2 comments:

  1. :) Those are awesome things.
    What do you do for work? It sounds awesome to me, got a job going??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm and exploration geologist, so i have to go hunt out the manganese, and sadly the roads don't go anywhere near!
    And, yes, we do as a matter of fact ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!